This is a picture of of the 248-dimensional Lie algebra of E8, credit AIM Physicists working to unify the mutually contradictory theories of quantum mechanics and gravity could have a new tool at their disposal, thanks to a group of mathematicians who met at the American Institute of Mathematics. The researchers have mapped …
Just another example of Vogan poetry...
Dunno about 248 dimensions - I struggle with 3! I'm forever bumping into things and have always had a problem with the concept of 'up', especially after a pint or two.
But credit where it's due; clearly a clever bunch of chaps and chapesses - congratulations to them all.
Wow, those blokes almost ran out of ASCII characters to represent the variables. I dread the day we have a 257 dimensional problem for the switch to Unicode will be swift and merciless.
I didn't know Sage had a supercomputer. Is it compatible with Line 100?
It's coming to something when a subject is so complicated I can't even understand the dumbed-down media rehash.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market