This is a picture of of the 248-dimensional Lie algebra of E8, credit AIM Physicists working to unify the mutually contradictory theories of quantum mechanics and gravity could have a new tool at their disposal, thanks to a group of mathematicians who met at the American Institute of Mathematics. The researchers have mapped …
Just another example of Vogan poetry...
Dunno about 248 dimensions - I struggle with 3! I'm forever bumping into things and have always had a problem with the concept of 'up', especially after a pint or two.
But credit where it's due; clearly a clever bunch of chaps and chapesses - congratulations to them all.
Wow, those blokes almost ran out of ASCII characters to represent the variables. I dread the day we have a 257 dimensional problem for the switch to Unicode will be swift and merciless.
I didn't know Sage had a supercomputer. Is it compatible with Line 100?
It's coming to something when a subject is so complicated I can't even understand the dumbed-down media rehash.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER