This is a picture of of the 248-dimensional Lie algebra of E8, credit AIM Physicists working to unify the mutually contradictory theories of quantum mechanics and gravity could have a new tool at their disposal, thanks to a group of mathematicians who met at the American Institute of Mathematics. The researchers have mapped …
Just another example of Vogan poetry...
Dunno about 248 dimensions - I struggle with 3! I'm forever bumping into things and have always had a problem with the concept of 'up', especially after a pint or two.
But credit where it's due; clearly a clever bunch of chaps and chapesses - congratulations to them all.
Wow, those blokes almost ran out of ASCII characters to represent the variables. I dread the day we have a 257 dimensional problem for the switch to Unicode will be swift and merciless.
I didn't know Sage had a supercomputer. Is it compatible with Line 100?
It's coming to something when a subject is so complicated I can't even understand the dumbed-down media rehash.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan