This is a picture of of the 248-dimensional Lie algebra of E8, credit AIM Physicists working to unify the mutually contradictory theories of quantum mechanics and gravity could have a new tool at their disposal, thanks to a group of mathematicians who met at the American Institute of Mathematics. The researchers have mapped …
Just another example of Vogan poetry...
Dunno about 248 dimensions - I struggle with 3! I'm forever bumping into things and have always had a problem with the concept of 'up', especially after a pint or two.
But credit where it's due; clearly a clever bunch of chaps and chapesses - congratulations to them all.
Wow, those blokes almost ran out of ASCII characters to represent the variables. I dread the day we have a 257 dimensional problem for the switch to Unicode will be swift and merciless.
I didn't know Sage had a supercomputer. Is it compatible with Line 100?
It's coming to something when a subject is so complicated I can't even understand the dumbed-down media rehash.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip