A two-year old boy is in hospital today having become critically ill after his father received a smallpox vaccination. According to reports, the boy's father is a US soldier, who was was due to deploy to Iraq, but was unexpectedly kept home after having his vaccination. Doctors say the child must have touched the site of the …
As someone who suffers from atopic eczema and thus (as far as I know) am potentially at risk from what the child is suffering from; I found this article quite disturbing - as well as enlightening.
Firstly, I hope the child makes a quick and full recovery and is not suffering like those people shown on a Centre for Disease Control's web-page about this illness (http://www.bt.cdc.gov/training/smallpoxvaccine/reactions/ec_vac.html).
Secondly, I'm glad I now know about this. Although I doubt I'd ever need or be offered a smallpox vaccination; knowing to ask about this as a possible side affect is something I'll keep in mind if it becomes an issue!
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?