Airbus A380s will later today touch down at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), marking the maiden transatlantic flights for the troubled superjumbo. The JFK-bound aircraft was due to depart at 0830 GMT this morning from Frankfurt as "part of the Commercial Route …
Not the maiden flight into North America
As you wrote, the flight is the "Commerical Route" flight but not the maiden transatlantic flight. The first flights into North America were last year for cold-weather in Nunavut. (Vide http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/02/06/jumbojet060206.html)
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...