Insurance company Axa yesterday released an intriguing survey of business claims by region, which has been widely reported. According to the survey, the UK's arson capital is Glasgow, accounting for nearly 11 per cent of all small and medium enterprise (SME) arson claims, while Edinburgh reportedly leads the nation in malicious …
Most people are paid by companies (so most income tax, council tax and VAT pretty much directly comes from companies), most companies also pay a National insurance and a paye contribution for each employee they pay.
Most people working in the public secter are in turn paid by taxes which mostly come from income tax which again mostly comes from Companies.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court