Six months after the government announced it would review whether data protection laws were a "barrier" to its information sharing plans, it is still not ready to share its views on the matter. In September, government announced its Information Sharing Vision Statement - plans to share information across different government …
Whenever I read about "open govenrment", "freedom of information" and so on I always thing of the classic scene from Yes Minister after Sir Arnold's appointment as chairman of teh Campaign For The Freedom Of Information..
Humphrey Appleby: "So Arnold, how are things at the Campaign For The Freedom of Information?"
Sir Arnold: "I'm sorry, I can't talk about that."
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad