Fear is stalking the corridors of corporate power, as executives sweat over the legal exposure caused by developers using open source software. And the suits are resorting to play-it-safe legal advice and draconian management techniques in a vain attempt to stop open source crossing their frontier. Tactics include blocking …
If someone buys an expensive piece of proprietary software management and lawyers will spend ages poring over the contract/license which will be specific to that piece of software, especially if it's going to be sold on as part of a product. So why is it so difficult to read the license on open-source software?
Easy Way to Comply
There's a very easy way to comply with Open Source licence requirements. Just release your Source Code!
Just as you built on top of other people's hard work, other people deserve to benefit from your hard work.
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks