The mayor of the German town of Bad Toelz, Germany, is angry with Google Earth for its reference to a nearby "Mount Hitler". The official name for the 1,205 metre peak near the Bavarian town is Heigelkopf. But for a short time during the Third Reich it was named Mount Hitler. The municipality of Wackersberg, like many other …
How about misnaming whole countries?
Google Earth still insists on calling the Solomon Islands "Soloman Islands".
Not the first time
This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Earlier this year there was a lot of trouble because Google used colonial-era Japanese names for some places in Shenyang, in North East China. Chinese internet users weren't particularly happy about it.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack