The enormous marketing assault mounted by companies involved in the celebrity-backed Red campaign against AIDS has raised questions over whether it is effort best spent. According to Advertising Age, as much as $100m splurged on advertising Red products by Gap, Motorola and Apple has returned just $18m to the Global Fund. The …
I find it rather ironic...
not to mention irritting, that a site telling me to buy less crap is shoving the unmitigated crap that is Flash into my face, with no alternative... and then telling me to eff off as I don't have the latest version. Ten points for effort, minus ten for execution...
I have the latest flash player and I can't view it, unless flash player 10 came out and I'm not aware of it? I am of course using Linux, I recon they've got some pretty mangled flash player detection, eg. If flash_player_version == 8: oops why not >= 8
Looking at what they are doing, and having a background in this sort of thing (Web media). It seems they are trying to be flash (Just like the ReD campaine) but don't realy know what they are doing (Like the Red campaine).
Artists. They never seem to realise that Flash (and shockwave and...) is not just a animation tool. Idiots.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire