back to article Putting the graphic artist in the loop

One of the exciting ideas just now is Microsoft's WPF, formally Avalon. Oversimplifying somewhat, this introduces a layered approach to UI design, separating the business logic from the UI design, so graphic artists can design the look-and-feel of your applications without worrying about the code implementing the business logic …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Well, Cathar me with a chainsaw...

..I mistakenly thought that was what I'd been doing in the IT field for the last 15-odd years - writing and designing separate business-logic, user-interface and data-interface layers.

Obviously, I wasn't. It didn't exist until Microsoft coined a TLA and started marketing it. Poor ol' delusional me.

<sarcasm off>

I'm getting sick and tired of MS branding something and then releasing it as a "new concept".

Fair point, but

I did try to imply, by mentioning ILOG, that this wasn't an MS invention.

I too can remember separating business logic, data access and presentation layer (as I'd probably put it) in the 1980s.

But I don't remember having a graphics artist in the loop then and I'm not sure what s/he could have done if s/he had been....

Expounding

David,

I saw the ILOG reference... I wasn't in any way trying to imply that you meant this was a MS invention, only that, by re-naming it, *Microsoft* was trying to make us believe it was a new MS invention.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums