"When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean - nothing more and nothing less". - Humpty Dumpty in Wonderland A British web evangelist has been commissioned to consider how the government might intervene in independent web communities. The Cabinet Office has commissioned Tom Steinberg, the web advocate who runs …
The REAL Big Brother...
If we were living in Orwells 1984. Big Brother would be pissed. The Channel 4 Programming Execs would be in the Ministry of Love before they had a change to broadcast another of these poisonous shows to our Telescreens. Physical jerks anyone?
Great quote - says it all
What is "Man of the People" Tom Steinberg guy doing giving his blessing to government data-sharing, then denying he meant what he said?
Either he's being incredibly naive, or he's already been bought. We should have known the Web 2.0 mob would sell any principles they ever had for a pat on the back.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Geek's Guide to Britain How the UK's national memory lives in a ROBOT in Kew