back to article Lawn mowing ex-policeman cannot claim spy breach by private eyes

A former police officer filmed mowing his lawn while on a disability allowance cannot claim that the filming broke the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA), according to the Investigatory Powers Tribunal. The former policeman wanted the Tribunal to rule against the police force under RIPA, but the Tribunal has found …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tricia Pulley

He was in plain sight!

Well.... I don't think he should be able to complain about anything that he did publicly being filmed. Anybody walking by on the street could have seen him mowing his lawn. I don't believe his rights were being violated. The private detectives filmed him doing public, outdoor activites - they did not invade the privacy of his home. Conversely, I have to say that he might have a legitimate injury but still occasionally be able to do a chore or two. Even when I had a bad back injury, I HAD to get into my car and get around now and then, because I lived alone and had no one to take me to medical appointments or the grocery store. Police officers have to drive A LOT and also be physically fit enough to give chase and lots of other things that a healthy back is required for.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like