The world's major MP3 player manufacturers have been sued in a patent infringement case by a company that began the case the day after it acquired the patent. Apple, Samsung and SanDisk have been sued by Texas MP3 Technologies which bought the US patent from two Korean inventors. The patent was originally lodged in 1997, was …
If I look at the WO and EP equivalent I always wonder why the US patent system is so stupid. Everything is granted. No search for novelty whatso ever. If you read the opinion of the European Patent office, these guys will have a hard time getting it granted in Europe.
Look at this document:
I see at least 5 references to article 54(1) which says: "this is not new!!!"
The only people getting rich of this type of behaviour are the laywers.
It's hard not to laugh
So, the guys behind OGG Vorbis have been warning about this for years. A timely reminder of why OSS must be supported
Why haven't people been using patent unencumbered OGG all along? AFAIK sound quality is as good if not better.
Can't help but think this is very sad... Can't make money doing something new, so they look for patents they could sue about. Sad losers.
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad