back to article Seven-day session kills Chinese gamer

A Chinese man who spent "almost all" of the seven-day Lunar New Year holiday glued to a computer game finally dropped dead at the end of the marathon session, Reuters reports. The unnamed 26-year-old, who weighed in at a fighting 150kg (330lb), collapsed on Saturday in Jinzhou, Liaoning province, following the week-long gaming …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

we need details please

so what game was he playing that was good enough to keep him hooked for 7 days? -i've been looking for something to play lately.. details please.

Evolution

I heard he was playing the evolution based game, Spore. Apparently he lost, but did take with him a consolation prize of a Darwin Award.

Anonymous Coward

It's sad but...I just had to ask....

Did he drop any loot?

Anonymous Coward

The end, eh?

"A Chinese man who spent "almost all" of the seven-day Lunar New Year holiday glued to a computer game finally dropped dead at the end of the marathon session..."

I kind of figured he hadn't dropped dead at the *beginning* of his marathon gaming session...

Anonymous Coward

"What else can I do in the holiday"

How about take a walk in the local park and shift some of that bulk - bit late now mind...

30 down, 342905874325 to go.

This is roughly the 30th news article I've seen on someone dieing in an internet cafe in *insert random asian country here*.

Do these stories just come from some gullible person on the newswire, or is some research actually done to validify the accuracy of the story?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums