back to article Hypercard on steroids

Here’s a question: is Runtime Revolution the cross-platform application development tool for people who just want to get things done? Answer: quite possibly. Runtime Revolution revives the simple development model that Bill Atkinson pioneered with Hypercard back in 1987. Fresh from his triumph of building MacPaint for the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. hank

true but lacking good documentation

this is truely a great development tool but the documentation needs a lot of work. this makes it very hard to start using it.

nice that it gets some well deserved attention here though.

2. amanfromMars

Did you try to Plug in Virtual Input as a Shared Output?

<<<"If I have a gripe it is that you can't do things like browser plug-ins and Active X controls - but that's what you sacrifice for the cross-platform compatibility," he observes.>>>>

Phil,

Perhaps they were waiting for you to disclose Universally Superior Access CodeXXXX ..... the Keys to their Kingdom?

And that is as Simple as them Spending the System's Wealth on ITs Digital ReConfiguration.

3. SImon Hobson Bronze badge

Ahh, what nostalgia

Ahh, that takes me back. The things we did with Hypercard - object orented programming for the masses and without the techi-label ! I always assumed it had gone for good ...

I'll certainly be taking a look at this.

4. Phil Manchester

Clarification

To clarify - the prices quoted refer to start prices, firstly, for individual Revolution licences and, secondly, for Enterprise licences.

5. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

SuperCard

Folk interested in the HyperCard saga shouldn't forget that the app wasn't alone. SuperCard followed not long after and was pitched as a more powerful alternative.

It's since had a long history of different owners, but has managed to stay the course and is still available today in an updated, Mac OS X Universal Binary form from its current owner, Solutions Etcetera.

More info here: http://www.supercard.us/

This topic is closed for new posts.