Pro golfer Fuzzy Zoeller is suing to track down the Wikipedia user responsible for posting claims he abused alcohol and drugs and treated his family harshly, and an education consulting firm in South Florida has found itself caught in the cross fire. The law prevents Wikipedia from being named as a defendant, so Zoeller's …
Isnt this what the internet is for?
Thats what the internet is for, slandering others anonymously.
Seriously though, I hadn't seen nor heard about this until this morning. Had he not decided to take make the news, I wouldn't know. All rumours tend to be based on some fact, and by challenging them with a lawsuit, you only draw attention to them.
Couldn't he try.... editing the Wikipedia page?
now it has attention...
Fair point - he could well edit it back, but now he's drawn attention to it and isnt taking it with the large block of salt everyone else does when viewing wiki pages I cant help feeling he`s leaving himself wide open to more spurious edits from those jolly internet wags who just love winding people up - how many lawsuits is this guy prepared to file I wonder? Gonna be a lot of IP's he has to trace :-)
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?