Pro golfer Fuzzy Zoeller is suing to track down the Wikipedia user responsible for posting claims he abused alcohol and drugs and treated his family harshly, and an education consulting firm in South Florida has found itself caught in the cross fire. The law prevents Wikipedia from being named as a defendant, so Zoeller's …
Isnt this what the internet is for?
Thats what the internet is for, slandering others anonymously.
Seriously though, I hadn't seen nor heard about this until this morning. Had he not decided to take make the news, I wouldn't know. All rumours tend to be based on some fact, and by challenging them with a lawsuit, you only draw attention to them.
Couldn't he try.... editing the Wikipedia page?
now it has attention...
Fair point - he could well edit it back, but now he's drawn attention to it and isnt taking it with the large block of salt everyone else does when viewing wiki pages I cant help feeling he`s leaving himself wide open to more spurious edits from those jolly internet wags who just love winding people up - how many lawsuits is this guy prepared to file I wonder? Gonna be a lot of IP's he has to trace :-)
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR