United Parcel Service (UPS) will cancel its order for 10 freight versions of the A380 superjumbo if there are any further delays to a revised delivery schedule, the BBC reports. UPS had been due to take the controls off its shiny new aircraft between 2009 and 2012, but the A380's wiring woes - which have set the whole programme …
It's $2.8bn at list prices, which UPS almost certainly didn't pay. In fact if hear'say is to be believed, pretty much no-one pays list prices for either Boeing or Airbus planes.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen