Hampshire County Council has been forced to erect signs warning HGV drivers to stay out of a narrow lane - despite their satnavs' insistence it's a full-fat link road. The powers that be acted "after Beacon Hill Lane residents in the village of Exton, near Winchester, complained about HGVs getting stuck", the BBC reports. The …
Optimism... I remember having that, once.
"Take the route off their devices"? As if that'll do any good. Do they think the pratnavs get the whole map from the satellites? The vast majority of users of these things don't understand that the devices need to be updated, so guess what? The signs will need to stay!
Not that the blind followers of pratnavs will notice them. They'll be glued to the screen and the voice...
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests