Hampshire County Council has been forced to erect signs warning HGV drivers to stay out of a narrow lane - despite their satnavs' insistence it's a full-fat link road. The powers that be acted "after Beacon Hill Lane residents in the village of Exton, near Winchester, complained about HGVs getting stuck", the BBC reports. The …
Optimism... I remember having that, once.
"Take the route off their devices"? As if that'll do any good. Do they think the pratnavs get the whole map from the satellites? The vast majority of users of these things don't understand that the devices need to be updated, so guess what? The signs will need to stay!
Not that the blind followers of pratnavs will notice them. They'll be glued to the screen and the voice...
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it