Japanese whaling ship the Nisshin Maru - currently in Antarctica's Ross Sea - has been partially evacuated following a fire, the BBC reports. Around 120 crew members of the 8,000-tonne processing ship were moved to other vessels just before dawn today, while 30 stayed on board to fight the blaze in the ship's engine rooms. One …
They should take a cue from the Eskimos
Perhaps the Japanese should take a cue from the American Eskimos. They are permitted to hunt whales, but only from small boats (boats, not ships) using hand held harpoons. That would seem like a fair way of doing it.
As far as their attitude that science supports them, science supports the American view that global warming is a myth. Just ask us.
dillon in Austin, Tejas
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests