Japanese whaling ship the Nisshin Maru - currently in Antarctica's Ross Sea - has been partially evacuated following a fire, the BBC reports. Around 120 crew members of the 8,000-tonne processing ship were moved to other vessels just before dawn today, while 30 stayed on board to fight the blaze in the ship's engine rooms. One …
They should take a cue from the Eskimos
Perhaps the Japanese should take a cue from the American Eskimos. They are permitted to hunt whales, but only from small boats (boats, not ships) using hand held harpoons. That would seem like a fair way of doing it.
As far as their attitude that science supports them, science supports the American view that global warming is a myth. Just ask us.
dillon in Austin, Tejas
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO