Japanese whaling ship the Nisshin Maru - currently in Antarctica's Ross Sea - has been partially evacuated following a fire, the BBC reports. Around 120 crew members of the 8,000-tonne processing ship were moved to other vessels just before dawn today, while 30 stayed on board to fight the blaze in the ship's engine rooms. One …
They should take a cue from the Eskimos
Perhaps the Japanese should take a cue from the American Eskimos. They are permitted to hunt whales, but only from small boats (boats, not ships) using hand held harpoons. That would seem like a fair way of doing it.
As far as their attitude that science supports them, science supports the American view that global warming is a myth. Just ask us.
dillon in Austin, Tejas
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad