Japanese whaling ship the Nisshin Maru - currently in Antarctica's Ross Sea - has been partially evacuated following a fire, the BBC reports. Around 120 crew members of the 8,000-tonne processing ship were moved to other vessels just before dawn today, while 30 stayed on board to fight the blaze in the ship's engine rooms. One …
They should take a cue from the Eskimos
Perhaps the Japanese should take a cue from the American Eskimos. They are permitted to hunt whales, but only from small boats (boats, not ships) using hand held harpoons. That would seem like a fair way of doing it.
As far as their attitude that science supports them, science supports the American view that global warming is a myth. Just ask us.
dillon in Austin, Tejas
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*