Richard Clarke, the world's most famous security expert, has a new book entitled Breakpoint. A techno-thriller, it takes its place among its equivalents, romance fictions for American men, a genre for combining combat action porn with loving trademarked descriptions of weapons. The men in this story get hard over firearms, …
The Last Laugh
"This reviewer laughed out loud when reading it, a result Clarke may have intended. ®"
I doubt that very much, George. Do you think you lost the point of the plots along the way?
Don't worry though, Bletchley/Hanslope Park type boffins will carry y'all into a Brighter Future. Think Orange AIgents 42 give yourself a clue as to what is going on around you.
Laugh out Loud indeed
Clarke will have to go a long way to out-laugh Matthew Reilly, whose heroes pilot 747's down lift shafts and have to defuse doomsday devices whilst locked inside tanks that have just been pushed out of a plane by neo-nazis...
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging