As the UK becomes only the seventh nation to have more than two GigaWatts of electricity generated by wind farms, the government has given the green (no pun intended) light to the world's first offshore combined wind and gas energy scheme. Despite sounding like something that needs a cup of green tea to settle, we are assured …
This is a great idea, we need to reduce the amount of green house gases and beleive this will help to minimise the current problem. Powering 70,000 indeed will be a challenge but it is worth it and agree 100% to all planning permissions.
I think wind energy is going to be a very important resource in the future. I do not understand why we do not use it more, since is it so cheap and easy. I am glad that the UK is taking some initiative to become the seventh nation using wind energy. Is there a particular reason we do not use more wind energy? It seems so primative, yet efficient. In the future, I expect more will be used.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe