Devolo's first HomePlug AV powerline Ethernet adaptor, the dLAN 200 AVdesk, wasn't a unit that plugs straight into a mains power socket, unlike Netgear's HDX101, which I reviewed last week and, for that matter, UK vendor Solwise's 200Mbps PL-200AV product. But while the HDX101 and the Solwise use much the same form-factor, they' …
I was wondering if it was possible to pair the Devolo HomeAV and Solwise or do you have to stay loyal to one supplier? What transfer rates/impact does it have having multiple vendors kit?
I can see some locations where the Solwise would be best for me, others where the Devolo would.
I'm sure others might like to know too.
Hi - yes the devolo will work with the Solwise as they both support the HomePlug AV standard. devolo also have released a wall-plug version too www.devolo.co.uk
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'