Devolo's first HomePlug AV powerline Ethernet adaptor, the dLAN 200 AVdesk, wasn't a unit that plugs straight into a mains power socket, unlike Netgear's HDX101, which I reviewed last week and, for that matter, UK vendor Solwise's 200Mbps PL-200AV product. But while the HDX101 and the Solwise use much the same form-factor, they' …
I was wondering if it was possible to pair the Devolo HomeAV and Solwise or do you have to stay loyal to one supplier? What transfer rates/impact does it have having multiple vendors kit?
I can see some locations where the Solwise would be best for me, others where the Devolo would.
I'm sure others might like to know too.
Hi - yes the devolo will work with the Solwise as they both support the HomePlug AV standard. devolo also have released a wall-plug version too www.devolo.co.uk
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes