Devolo's first HomePlug AV powerline Ethernet adaptor, the dLAN 200 AVdesk, wasn't a unit that plugs straight into a mains power socket, unlike Netgear's HDX101, which I reviewed last week and, for that matter, UK vendor Solwise's 200Mbps PL-200AV product. But while the HDX101 and the Solwise use much the same form-factor, they' …
I was wondering if it was possible to pair the Devolo HomeAV and Solwise or do you have to stay loyal to one supplier? What transfer rates/impact does it have having multiple vendors kit?
I can see some locations where the Solwise would be best for me, others where the Devolo would.
I'm sure others might like to know too.
Hi - yes the devolo will work with the Solwise as they both support the HomePlug AV standard. devolo also have released a wall-plug version too www.devolo.co.uk
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook