Demand for eco-friendly bio-fuels in the US is being blamed for a massive rise in the price of corn in Mexico. The recent 400 per cent increase in the price of a tortilla has driven thousands of Mexico's poorest people onto the streets in protest. The country has been entitled to cheap corn imports from the US for some time, …
This is pure bull. Most corn grown in the US and used for Biofuels and feed is yellow corn. Mexicans use white corn for their tortillas. This is simply a matter of local speculators driving up the price of corn in Mexico and trying to shift the blame elsewhere.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph
- Ex–Apple CEO John Sculley: Ousting Steve Jobs 'was a mistake'