Demand for eco-friendly bio-fuels in the US is being blamed for a massive rise in the price of corn in Mexico. The recent 400 per cent increase in the price of a tortilla has driven thousands of Mexico's poorest people onto the streets in protest. The country has been entitled to cheap corn imports from the US for some time, …
This is pure bull. Most corn grown in the US and used for Biofuels and feed is yellow corn. Mexicans use white corn for their tortillas. This is simply a matter of local speculators driving up the price of corn in Mexico and trying to shift the blame elsewhere.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked