Los Angeles-based Solar Integrated Technologies today announced it had signed a deal with British supermarket chain Tesco to install the "world's biggest" roof-top solar panel set-up. The $13m contract will provide eco-friendly juice for Tesco USA's new distribution center in Riverside, California. According to Solar Integrated …
Return on Investment
Something doesn't add up here, at least from a business perspective. They say it will cost $13 million dollars, and produce 2.6 million kilowatt hours per year.
2.6 million kilowatt hours at say $0.14/kwh (which is high) is only worth about $364,000.00. Divide that into the $13 million cost, and it takes over 35 years to get a positive return on investment, not taking into account and future costs for repairs and maintenance.
But what about...
The $10,000,000 of free publicity, you forgot to factor that into the equation!
I am sure that they will also be getting some pretty nice tax incentives from CA and the Feds
Not exactly short
Well lets face facts, tesco arn't exactly short of a bit of spare cash are they!
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests