Here's a little challenge for someone – the development of a little client PC auditing system that fires off details of configuration and applications to help desk operators. It would seem there is a big market for such a tool if a recent survey conducted by Centennial Software is any guide. This has shown that an estimated 57 …
Already there, in bits
There are two main avenues already...
1. VNC : why ask what's on screen, if you can ask politely to see their screen, open task manager, etc.
2. Reporting tools.
a) Microsofts has quite a few WMI based scripts, perfect for gathering information on demand - remotely even.
b) While a lot more expensive, Lavalys Everest has a remote audit, which can grab DLL versions, processes, software versions, event logs, PCI info, and even grab screen shots of applications or all of windows current desktop
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO