Here's a little challenge for someone – the development of a little client PC auditing system that fires off details of configuration and applications to help desk operators. It would seem there is a big market for such a tool if a recent survey conducted by Centennial Software is any guide. This has shown that an estimated 57 …
Already there, in bits
There are two main avenues already...
1. VNC : why ask what's on screen, if you can ask politely to see their screen, open task manager, etc.
2. Reporting tools.
a) Microsofts has quite a few WMI based scripts, perfect for gathering information on demand - remotely even.
b) While a lot more expensive, Lavalys Everest has a remote audit, which can grab DLL versions, processes, software versions, event logs, PCI info, and even grab screen shots of applications or all of windows current desktop
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN