Here's a little challenge for someone – the development of a little client PC auditing system that fires off details of configuration and applications to help desk operators. It would seem there is a big market for such a tool if a recent survey conducted by Centennial Software is any guide. This has shown that an estimated 57 …
Already there, in bits
There are two main avenues already...
1. VNC : why ask what's on screen, if you can ask politely to see their screen, open task manager, etc.
2. Reporting tools.
a) Microsofts has quite a few WMI based scripts, perfect for gathering information on demand - remotely even.
b) While a lot more expensive, Lavalys Everest has a remote audit, which can grab DLL versions, processes, software versions, event logs, PCI info, and even grab screen shots of applications or all of windows current desktop
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR