Here's a little challenge for someone – the development of a little client PC auditing system that fires off details of configuration and applications to help desk operators. It would seem there is a big market for such a tool if a recent survey conducted by Centennial Software is any guide. This has shown that an estimated 57 …
Already there, in bits
There are two main avenues already...
1. VNC : why ask what's on screen, if you can ask politely to see their screen, open task manager, etc.
2. Reporting tools.
a) Microsofts has quite a few WMI based scripts, perfect for gathering information on demand - remotely even.
b) While a lot more expensive, Lavalys Everest has a remote audit, which can grab DLL versions, processes, software versions, event logs, PCI info, and even grab screen shots of applications or all of windows current desktop
- All ABOARD! Furious Facebook bus drivers join Teamsters union
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Spawn of Galaxy Alpha and a Note 3 unveiled
- Webcam hacker pervs in MASS HOME INVASION
- Bada-Bing! Mozilla flips Firefox to YAHOO! for search
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop