Also in this week's column: Why do some people have three nipples? Is it true that a woman's breasts can grow enormously overnight? Why do we open our mouths to yawn properly? Why is it absolutely impossible to sneeze with your eyes open? Asked by Jeff Grisham of San Antonio, Texas One of the classic Odd Body Questions is …
Sneezing with your eyes open is possible
I got bored one day, so went around playing with pepper and bright lights. I can categorically state that you can sneeze with your eyes open, if you think about it hard enough. And no, your eyes don't pop out. Although if you squeeze a hamsters head in the right place, you can make *its* eyes pop out. Hours of fun...
Why is this myth perpetuated? I can sneeze without closing my eyes, and if I can I'm sure that many other people can too.
Dislocating Shoulder During Sneeze
I've managed to dislocate my shoulder twice last year while sneezing. Starting to be a bit more careful about it. New years resolution is not to sneeze.
Sneezing with your eyes closed is for sissies
heheh - I agree with Snot True response. My brother and I for years used to challenge each other on who could hold their eyes open the widest when sneezing. We were both able to do it, he was finally able to sneeze without his eyes even wincing (which is pretty freaky looking if you can envision it).
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- NASA to reformat Opportunity rover's memory from 125 million miles away