In general, you are not allowed to discriminate against the physically disabled in the workplace. When one thinks of a job in software development, however, one conjures up the image of programmers building applications or writing code in front of a computer screen - tasks apparently relying on good vision. So what must it be …
Well done to Erudine. Going out of their way to accomodate for people with disabilities, rather then just dismissing them at interviews like most employers would do (and must of done, considering 6months worth of interviews!) There needs to be more companies out there like that, who care about staff and not just profits, and who do help those who have special needs and requirements.
...Now to convince my boss I need a 52 inch plasma for work...
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom