In general, you are not allowed to discriminate against the physically disabled in the workplace. When one thinks of a job in software development, however, one conjures up the image of programmers building applications or writing code in front of a computer screen - tasks apparently relying on good vision. So what must it be …
Well done to Erudine. Going out of their way to accomodate for people with disabilities, rather then just dismissing them at interviews like most employers would do (and must of done, considering 6months worth of interviews!) There needs to be more companies out there like that, who care about staff and not just profits, and who do help those who have special needs and requirements.
...Now to convince my boss I need a 52 inch plasma for work...
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great