Web 2.0 has a lot to answer for. Why, incidentally, is it not simply Web 2? In any case, I have no quarrel with Web 2.0: what I do have a quarrel with is all the other 2dotohs that keep springing up. There is SaaS (software as a service) 2.0 for example and, most recently, Business Objects has been talking about BI 2.0. This …
I see the 'Related stories' include references to Mobile 2.0, Web 2.0, and even ModSecurity 2.0. My working assumption is that any release 2.0 (or at least, the PR surrounding it) is immature - let's wait until 3.1 at least.
BTW did you know that CMP Media has been granted a US service mark for "Web 2.0"?
I blogged on this nasty habit back in June: see http://preferisco.blogspot.com/2006/06/anything-20.html
But it *is* called "Web2"...
...at least, it is here at http://Web2journal.com ;-)
Sr. Vice-President, Editorial & Events
Conference Chair, AJAXWorld Conference & Expo
SYS-CON Media | Events | Books | SYS-CON.TV
Best 2.0 ever. Garbage's second album.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015