Web 2.0 has a lot to answer for. Why, incidentally, is it not simply Web 2? In any case, I have no quarrel with Web 2.0: what I do have a quarrel with is all the other 2dotohs that keep springing up. There is SaaS (software as a service) 2.0 for example and, most recently, Business Objects has been talking about BI 2.0. This …
I see the 'Related stories' include references to Mobile 2.0, Web 2.0, and even ModSecurity 2.0. My working assumption is that any release 2.0 (or at least, the PR surrounding it) is immature - let's wait until 3.1 at least.
BTW did you know that CMP Media has been granted a US service mark for "Web 2.0"?
I blogged on this nasty habit back in June: see http://preferisco.blogspot.com/2006/06/anything-20.html
But it *is* called "Web2"...
...at least, it is here at http://Web2journal.com ;-)
Sr. Vice-President, Editorial & Events
Conference Chair, AJAXWorld Conference & Expo
SYS-CON Media | Events | Books | SYS-CON.TV
Best 2.0 ever. Garbage's second album.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC