Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has said that every user of the open source Linux system could owe his company money for using its intellectual property. The statement will confirm the worst fears of the open source community. Microsoft recently signed a deal for SUSE Linux, a Novell-owned distribution of the Linux operating system …
OS Developers should...
I reckon that the open source developers and all of the other developers whose work Microsoft has infringed upon should setup a multi-billion dollar law-suit against Microsoft for their infringement on their IP works.
The number of standards that Microsoft has embraced and extended and ruined for their own purposes is pretty high and if all these people get together and threaten to sue them, Microsoft might just shut up about Linux infringing on MS IP works.
Infact, I would love to see what IP works MS is talking about.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait