Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has said that every user of the open source Linux system could owe his company money for using its intellectual property. The statement will confirm the worst fears of the open source community. Microsoft recently signed a deal for SUSE Linux, a Novell-owned distribution of the Linux operating system …
OS Developers should...
I reckon that the open source developers and all of the other developers whose work Microsoft has infringed upon should setup a multi-billion dollar law-suit against Microsoft for their infringement on their IP works.
The number of standards that Microsoft has embraced and extended and ruined for their own purposes is pretty high and if all these people get together and threaten to sue them, Microsoft might just shut up about Linux infringing on MS IP works.
Infact, I would love to see what IP works MS is talking about.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity