Feeds

back to article How can objects in the same room be different temperatures?

Also in this week's column: Why are some people more attractive to mosquitos? Does eating fish improve brain function? What is a Cro-Magnon man? How can objects in the same room be different temperatures? Asked by David Webb of Hayle, Cornwall, UK The sense of touch allows us to recognise temperature differences of objects …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Experts?

The explanation sounds good.

But it is really in the realm of Mechanical Engineering core subjects; why do people always step outside their area of expertise ?

This is a pet hate of mine; I have observed this recently in the UK engineering 'arena' - everyone and their dog have an 'energy and environmental' policy. Groups who don't even understand simple thermodynamics are 'postulating' the solutions to the country's energy needs for the next century. I feel this then creates a fast volume of 'noise' for the policy makers in the government to condiser and as they are fairly ignorant themselves (often lawers, judges, 'businessmen', etc.) science based judgement eludes them. No wonder the wrong decisions are made on engineering, manufactiring, environment, science, etc.

No offence to the author and think his explanation is good.

This topic is closed for new posts.