After turning the Java tools market upside down and putting more than a few people out of work in its first five years, Eclipse hopes to cause more mischief during its next five. Eclipse executive director Mike Milinkovich has earmarked three burgeoning open source projects in the areas of web development, Web 2.0 and on the …
I would like to clarify IBM's representation on the Eclipse Board of Dirctors. IBM is only guaranteed 1 seat on the board, like all of our Strategic Members. It is true IBM has additional representation on the Board but this by the virtue that IBM employees were voted as an elected committer representatives. In fact, BEA is another company that has multiple employees on the board since one of the 4 committer reps is a BEA employee.
Eclipse is the most over-rated piece of software ever made
Eclipse is a pain the arse to use. Every time the intuitive IDE (IntelliJ IDEA) releases a new version there is a scramble by the Eclipse boys and girls to emulate the new features. The vital piece they leave out is the ease of use. Perhaps they are hamstrung by the fact that eclipse is not actually a Java IDE it is a generic workspace environment, and therefore suffers from the all things to al people problem.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Did Apple's iOS literally make you SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1