Also in this week's column: What are the scientific reasons for having sex? How does a cross-eyed person's view differ from others? What are the most widely practiced religions of the world? What can you learn from the sound of someone's voice? Quite a bit it seems. There is considerable evidence that the sound of a person's …
Data from Answering Services
Back in the 80's when I did some work supplying machines to answering services, I found that this doesn't always hold true. It seems that the "operators" had the ability to hide behind the telephone and project a different personality to the customers. I was able to observe the actual person behind the headset, and found that some (not all!) of the "nice" voices were (I need to be politically correct here) "weight challanged". It varied a bit but it seemed that physical attractiveness was not a job requirement, so these people were able to get the job on other abilities, a nice voice being one of them. As always YMMV.
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth
- What did you see, Elder Galaxies? What made you age so quickly?