Also in this week's column: What are the scientific reasons for having sex? How does a cross-eyed person's view differ from others? What are the most widely practiced religions of the world? What can you learn from the sound of someone's voice? Quite a bit it seems. There is considerable evidence that the sound of a person's …
Data from Answering Services
Back in the 80's when I did some work supplying machines to answering services, I found that this doesn't always hold true. It seems that the "operators" had the ability to hide behind the telephone and project a different personality to the customers. I was able to observe the actual person behind the headset, and found that some (not all!) of the "nice" voices were (I need to be politically correct here) "weight challanged". It varied a bit but it seemed that physical attractiveness was not a job requirement, so these people were able to get the job on other abilities, a nice voice being one of them. As always YMMV.
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops