back to article Eye-Theatre video glasses for iPod

I've wanted to try a truly personal video system - forgot the clunky VR headsets of yesteryear - since I first saw one faked up on Blake's 7 in the late 1970s. Watching a movie on an iPod means holding the player up to your face for hours at a time. It would be so much better to clip on a pair of video specs, sit back and relax …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

and the difference is ????

So what is the difference between this and the Olympus Eye Trek that looks pretty much the same as these but were out about 4 years ago. Oh well if you can't bring out something new - rehash something old.

Hmmm - could be used as a mobile monitor...

After all it's only a step away from video playback. All yuo would need is an adapter for your PDA and you could have a heads up display.

Ian

Old tech

Nothing new here, I tried a very similar product over 10 years ago (can't remember the product name) and it's a shame that the tech hasn't moved on in all that time.

There were exactly the same problems - cheap plastic and no way to adjust for different faces or eyes. Humans aren't all blessed with perfectly level eyes and ears!

That poor resolution was the same too.. Hey, same cheapy earbuds.. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder of it's the same product, dusted off with an ipod connector glued on to catch the current pod-bandwagon market.

When would they be of any use?

If your at home you don't need them, if your at work or in a public place do you really want to cut yourself off visually from those around you?

Muggers would have a field day, not only are you wearing a days supply of smack on your face you must have something worth another days worth in your pocket!

I really fail to see the benefit of them. TV specs never caught on in the past and I can see this product as no different.

Olympus EyeTrek

This is a re-vamped Olympus Eye-Trek, which came out about 5 years ago now. I've had one for over 3 years and it's just the thing for playing a racing game on my Xbox, or just for making it easy to watch TV/Video/DVD when lying in bed! There is a special filter over the LCD's to make it difficult to see the pixels, so you don't really notice the quality level, and it produces a far superior output to one that Sony made a couple of years ago which actually had a higher LCD resolution!

This post has been deleted by its author

Try the myvu instead

The eye theatre looks to be immersive. This can be a problem when you want to know that the trolley is coming down the aisle with your dinner. for a non-immersive viewing experience at the same price range, try the myvu www.myvu.com and never miss your drinks.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums