Also in this week's column: Can you be addicted to the internet? Why are we not irritated by the volume of our own voice? Is there a speed or stride where running is more efficient? Why are so many modern humans near sighted? Asked by Alan Harper of Oakland, California, USA The eye receives rays of light and bends them so …
I've read somewhere...
I've read somewhere that researchers think people's eyes can actually grow and change shape slowly in response to viewing out-of-focus images (but only at a certain age, around puberty?). This focus adjustment only works in one direction though (the eye can elongate in one direction but not shrink), which may explain why short-sightedness is more common than long-sightedness.
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Competition Your chance to WIN the WORLD'S ONLY HANDHELD ZX SPECTRUM
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring