Also in this week's column: Can you be addicted to the internet? Why are we not irritated by the volume of our own voice? Is there a speed or stride where running is more efficient? Why are so many modern humans near sighted? Asked by Alan Harper of Oakland, California, USA The eye receives rays of light and bends them so …
I've read somewhere...
I've read somewhere that researchers think people's eyes can actually grow and change shape slowly in response to viewing out-of-focus images (but only at a certain age, around puberty?). This focus adjustment only works in one direction though (the eye can elongate in one direction but not shrink), which may explain why short-sightedness is more common than long-sightedness.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests