Jim Allchin, Microsoft's outgoing Windows chief, has issued a rallying call to developers to Windows Vista, in an open letter emphasizing industry support for the delayed operating system. Allchin proclaimed "tremendous" opportunities await for those moving to its latest version of Windows. Developers whose applications are not …
All of which clearly means...
... that it's probably going to be the biggest disaster that Microsoft has ever experienced!
All of Microsoft's corporate divisions, except two, currently lose money - those two being the ones producing MS Office and MS operating systems. Maybe MS sees even those two now facing huge problems in convincing anyone that it's time for the poor suckers using MS products to cough up the cash yet again...?
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star