Also in this week's column: Can you become intoxicated by the power of suggestion? Why can't I remember my own birth? Why don't we suffer from e. coli all the time? Why do some people feel the cold more than others? Asked by Mick Higgins of Toronto, Canada Human body temperature is a measure of the body's ability to keep, …
Humidity should be mentioned
It is worth mentioning humidity - at a given temperature the humidity level has a big effect on how hot or cold someone can perceive the temperature to be.
e.g. when humidity is high, sweat evaporates less readily and thus people cannot lose heat as quickly and so a person is likely to regard the conditions as hotter than at low humidity for the same recorded temperature.
This is why you can purchase / make wet bulb thermometers, which factor in evaporation and although their main use is to calculate humidity - they do allow an easy intuitive way to determine if the climate will be "comfortable" or not.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware