An open source, cross-platform desktop architecture from Eclipse is enjoying a surge of interest among developers according to an Evans Data Corp poll. The Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) is being used by 22 per cent of Eclipse developers for building software to port between Windows, Linux and Mac OS X desktops. Evans …
"... and frees IBM of relying purely on Java, which is stewarded by systems rival Sun Microsystems."
How does supporting RCP free IBM from relying on Java, when RCP is written in Java!?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- FreeBSD abandoning hardware randomness