An open source, cross-platform desktop architecture from Eclipse is enjoying a surge of interest among developers according to an Evans Data Corp poll. The Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) is being used by 22 per cent of Eclipse developers for building software to port between Windows, Linux and Mac OS X desktops. Evans …
"... and frees IBM of relying purely on Java, which is stewarded by systems rival Sun Microsystems."
How does supporting RCP free IBM from relying on Java, when RCP is written in Java!?
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network