Also in this week's column: Why do your hands turn white when you wash the dishes? Why do you sometimes shiver when you wee? What is a confessing Sam? What is the purpose of tickling? Asked by Lou Portman of Los Altos, California, USA As every child knows, tickling is the act of touching a part of the body so as to cause …
Oh yes you can! (tickle yourself, that is)
It is possible to (sort of) tickle yourself, try lightly stoking the middle of the roof of your mouth. Careful though you could Involuntarily bite your finger.
It is an uncontrollable response, so there!
Does tickling have anything to do with touch
My eight year old son will laugh uncontrollably if I put my hand close to his bare foot. I don't even have to touch him (although I'm holding his foot with my other hand). Try to explain that one, folks.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- Review Amazon Fire Phone: What's MISSING... and why it WON'T set the world alight