Eclipse is not just a Java IDE, it is a tools platform, which supports an increasing number of projects. The broad scope of these was apparent in Callisto, the code name for a set of simultaneous project releases earlier this summer. There are 10 projects in Callisto, including Java and C++ development tools, visual editors, …
Out of memory errors
The out of memory errors seem to be caused by a bug in the Sun JDK. Update to the latest rev (update 8) of the JDK (http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp), and you should be okay. There is quite a big discussion about this in the Eclipse bugs system (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=92250).
Download New Eclipse Magazine for FREE
Hi, my friend at work pointed me to this excellent resource called Eclipse Magazine (http://www.eclipsemag.net). Thought I should point this out for the good of the larger community. The inaugural issue of the magazine is available for FREE. You can download it from here: http://www.eclipsemag.net/ecm/ecmservices/psecom,id,5,nodeid,4.html. Once you register, you also have FREE access to the magazine for the months of September, October, and November 2006.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?