Also in this week's column: What is the seven year itch? What conditions disqualify you from donating blood? What is diptheria? What makes a good swimmer? Asked by Carl Smiles of North York, Ontario, Canada The best swimmers tend to be tall and thin with long arms, long legs, long feet, and long hands. The size of their …
Technique counts for more than anything
While I'm sure your facts are correct, I find that technique is the massively overbearing factor. I'm not built for swimming - I'm pretty slim, have really small hands. However, I swim about once a year when I very easily beat 99% of the people in the pool.
I guess from reading this post you might deduce that it's becuase of my massive head, but really it 's thanks to spending seven years doing national level competitive swim training.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders