Eric Raymond, one of the high priests of open source, has told the community that painful compromises are needed to the way it deals with closed source platforms and formats to avoid losing ground on desktops and new media players. Raymond said the community is not moving fast enough to engage with non-technical users whose …
You reap what you sow
This is what the *BSD license was all about. Freedom.
Freedom to use open source software as the end user sees fit, whether for commercial, private or public interest.
The GPL is just as tyrannical as most other licenses.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops