As mentioned in the previous tutorial on PHP/DB2, PHP is widely used in web applications and most web applications have a database component. The PHP extension for DB2 database provides access to one particular widely-used database from a PHP script. In this part of the tutorial, we shall install the DB2 extension, install the …
PHP Advantages over JDBC
PHP has advantages over JDBC in accessing a database.
1. PHP is designed for web applications. A datasource does not have to be configured with a database in an application server.
2. PHP is relatively simpler than JDBC.
3. PHP web applications are faster to develop than a J2EE application.
4. PHP has higher performance than JDBC.
For further reference:
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON