As mentioned in the previous tutorial on PHP/DB2, PHP is widely used in web applications and most web applications have a database component. The PHP extension for DB2 database provides access to one particular widely-used database from a PHP script. In this part of the tutorial, we shall install the DB2 extension, install the …
PHP Advantages over JDBC
PHP has advantages over JDBC in accessing a database.
1. PHP is designed for web applications. A datasource does not have to be configured with a database in an application server.
2. PHP is relatively simpler than JDBC.
3. PHP web applications are faster to develop than a J2EE application.
4. PHP has higher performance than JDBC.
For further reference:
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab