As mentioned in the previous tutorial on PHP/DB2, PHP is widely used in web applications and most web applications have a database component. The PHP extension for DB2 database provides access to one particular widely-used database from a PHP script. In this part of the tutorial, we shall install the DB2 extension, install the …
PHP Advantages over JDBC
PHP has advantages over JDBC in accessing a database.
1. PHP is designed for web applications. A datasource does not have to be configured with a database in an application server.
2. PHP is relatively simpler than JDBC.
3. PHP web applications are faster to develop than a J2EE application.
4. PHP has higher performance than JDBC.
For further reference:
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC