As mentioned in the previous tutorial on PHP/DB2, PHP is widely used in web applications and most web applications have a database component. The PHP extension for DB2 database provides access to one particular widely-used database from a PHP script. In this part of the tutorial, we shall install the DB2 extension, install the …
PHP Advantages over JDBC
PHP has advantages over JDBC in accessing a database.
1. PHP is designed for web applications. A datasource does not have to be configured with a database in an application server.
2. PHP is relatively simpler than JDBC.
3. PHP web applications are faster to develop than a J2EE application.
4. PHP has higher performance than JDBC.
For further reference:
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity