As mentioned in the previous tutorial on PHP/DB2, PHP is widely used in web applications and most web applications have a database component. The PHP extension for DB2 database provides access to one particular widely-used database from a PHP script. In this part of the tutorial, we shall install the DB2 extension, install the …
PHP Advantages over JDBC
PHP has advantages over JDBC in accessing a database.
1. PHP is designed for web applications. A datasource does not have to be configured with a database in an application server.
2. PHP is relatively simpler than JDBC.
3. PHP web applications are faster to develop than a J2EE application.
4. PHP has higher performance than JDBC.
For further reference:
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs