Pervasive Software has called time on support and services for the PostgreSQL open source database, citing pressure caused by commoditization and price sensitivity. In an open letter yesterday, Pervasive chief executive John Farr said he ""ound the opportunity for Pervasive Software to meaningfully increase the adoption of …
PostgreSQL and Solaris
PostgreSQL ships with Solaris as from the recent Solaris 10 06/06 release.
Afaik, support is provided by Sun as part of the usual Solaris support offerings.
Members of the core PostgreSQL development team have been working with Sun to make this happen.
Although this was first announced last year, when it finally did ship recently it went largely unnoticed.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2