Pervasive Software has called time on support and services for the PostgreSQL open source database, citing pressure caused by commoditization and price sensitivity. In an open letter yesterday, Pervasive chief executive John Farr said he ""ound the opportunity for Pervasive Software to meaningfully increase the adoption of …
PostgreSQL and Solaris
PostgreSQL ships with Solaris as from the recent Solaris 10 06/06 release.
Afaik, support is provided by Sun as part of the usual Solaris support offerings.
Members of the core PostgreSQL development team have been working with Sun to make this happen.
Although this was first announced last year, when it finally did ship recently it went largely unnoticed.
- ASTEROID'S SHOCK DINO-KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great