Pervasive Software has called time on support and services for the PostgreSQL open source database, citing pressure caused by commoditization and price sensitivity. In an open letter yesterday, Pervasive chief executive John Farr said he ""ound the opportunity for Pervasive Software to meaningfully increase the adoption of …
PostgreSQL and Solaris
PostgreSQL ships with Solaris as from the recent Solaris 10 06/06 release.
Afaik, support is provided by Sun as part of the usual Solaris support offerings.
Members of the core PostgreSQL development team have been working with Sun to make this happen.
Although this was first announced last year, when it finally did ship recently it went largely unnoticed.
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln