Pervasive Software has called time on support and services for the PostgreSQL open source database, citing pressure caused by commoditization and price sensitivity. In an open letter yesterday, Pervasive chief executive John Farr said he ""ound the opportunity for Pervasive Software to meaningfully increase the adoption of …
PostgreSQL and Solaris
PostgreSQL ships with Solaris as from the recent Solaris 10 06/06 release.
Afaik, support is provided by Sun as part of the usual Solaris support offerings.
Members of the core PostgreSQL development team have been working with Sun to make this happen.
Although this was first announced last year, when it finally did ship recently it went largely unnoticed.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE