Studies show that you can bring about a dream in another person. One way is by holding an open bottle of perfume under the sleeper's nose. Another is by whistling. A third way is by blowing air across the sleeper's face with a fan. Someone else can also affect the content of a sleeper’s dream. For example, turning on a light …
Why you can't remember dreams
The article didn't exactly answer why you can't remember dreams. It's because a part of your brain (hippocampus) responsible for storing short-term memory into long-term memory is mostly turned off while you're sleeping. You only get to remember your dreams if you wake up before memories fade away from short-term memory.
Being woken in the middle of the night?...
Didn't it occur to researchers that irritability and other such inconvenient symptoms *might* result from the subject being woken in the middle of the night, rather than from them being deprived of dreams per se?...
Dreams are made of this ???
Re. perfumes - Were there any studies on the effect of the wife farting in bed ??? Side-effects ???
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA