The last day of Infosec brought nostalgia for the old days of hacking. Robert Schifreen, the ex-hacker and author famous for breaking into Prince Phillips' Prestel account 20 odd years ago, recalled a more innocent age during his stint chairing a hackers panel. "You didn't have flat rate hacking before the internet. It was all …
Hackers, pr0n and the protectors in the same venue, Vive la Différence. Looks like the only thing the has changed in 20 years in the speed of accessibility, no suprises there then :)
And now I need to go look in storage to if I still have a copy of Hayes Hackamatic somewhere. Nothing like coupling auto-dialing hacking tools with cutting-edge graphics circa 1986. (for the Apple ][ e of course.)
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9