Incidence of cyber-blackmail attempts rose during the first three months of this year. Malicious hackers are moving away from 'stealth use' of infected computers - stealing personal data, using infected computers as part of zombie networks - to direct blackmailing of victims, according to a new report from Kaspersky Lab. The …
Not much different from spyware....
Sounds to me alot like spyware tatics. Your machine gets infected with spyware then suddenly your getting adverts to buy software to fix it. I guess the differences is one is automated exploit. The other requires someone to gain access.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs